The Briar Rose – Vacation Rental – Holiday Cottage – your home from home in North East England
The Briar Rose short term let and holiday cottage, is a 4 star grade holiday rental. It is located on the cusp of Durham and Tyne and Wear in North East England, and sleeps 4 +1.
It is perfectly located for those wishing to explore this fantastic part of the country, be it for business or pleasure. Only 5 minutes (3 miles) from the A1(M), close to Durham, Washington, Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle and South Shields. This highly rated holiday cottage is in an excellent position to get about the region. Nearby bus stops for services to Beamish, Washington, Gateshead, Newcastle, Sunderland University and Sunderland Hospital. Holiday makers wishing to explore the Tyne Tees region would be challenged to find a better base given its proximity to the major towns, blue flag beaches and northern dales.
The property was awarded a Certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor for 2017, 2018, 2019 and again in 2020 thanks to the excellent reviews of our guests.
The Briar Rose Self Catering Accommodation Holiday Rental and Short Term Let – Details
The property was totally refurbished in 2016. It is a semi detached two bedroom bungalow with front and back gardens, set in a quiet residential area in the village of Shiney Row.
- A new very well equipped large modern kitchen diner with electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, drier, and smart TV;
- A comfortably furnished lounge with TV and DVD player, and an electric fire for extra warmth and ambiance.
- A new bathroom with shower cubical and separate bath;
- A master bedroom with a king size bed
- A guest bedroom with a double bed
- There is a fold away bed available on request for a 5th guest, and ample bedding .
- Hi speed Network connections and wifi are available.
- Gas central heating with hot water on demand.
- The south facing enclosed rear garden and patio provides a sheltered and secluded sitting out area.
- Bed linen and towels are supplied and a daily housekeeping service is optional.
- We have put in place a Covid 19 cleaning and action policy to ensure your safety. We recognise the uncertainty of booking during this pandemic and currently offer a full refund cancellation policy provided 24 hours notice is given before date of arrival.
- The Briar Rose has been recognised as offering a very high standard of accommodation at an excellent price.
The area has lots to offer the visitor. The annual Sunderland air showin July is a huge attraction. The weekly farmers market on Saturday in is well worth a visit. Lumley Castle with its medieval banquets and shows, and the Riverside Cricket ground are both on the doorstep. For walkers there are numerous beautiful walks to be had in close proximity to the property. A walk through the adjacent Lambton estate takes in rural vistas, county cottages, a waterfall, riverside vistas and of course Lambton castle.
Within 20 minutes of the property there is the choice of;
- major sporting attractions,
- sporting activities,
- shopping facilities,
- clean pristine blue flag beaches,
- abundant country and coastal walks,
- parks and nature reserves,
- pubs and restaurants,
- theaters and night life,
- in fact something for everyone.
The bungalow is ideally situated for our guests to explore and experience many of these. We suggest visiting the following website to get a flavour of the area. http://www.visitnortheastengland.com/
Travelling Around Durham & Tyne & Wear
The property has ample parking facilities and is in close proximity to bus routes. The closest Metro station is South Hylton, a short taxi ride, which provides a link to Newcastle airport via Sunderland and Newcastle. Local shops and amenities are only a 9 minute walk away and there are several good country pubs within a 3 mile radius.
We do not collect data of individual visitors to this site.